Swimming Pool Accidents
Swimming Pool Injuries
In the Pacific Northwest, many people are injured in public and private pools every year. Tragically, some of these accidents result in drownings. We have special expertise in aquatic injuries and drowning; our team will do the work necessary to hold others accountable when aquatic safety failures cause injury and death .
Drowning and near drownings can occur for a number of reasons. Some of the most common safety measures that may not be followed are:
- Faulty Pool equipment-not inspected or maintained properly
- Sufficient Supervision is not provided-too few or no lifeguards.
- Overcrowded Pool
- Lack of Proper Safety Equipment such as AED, flotation devices, etc.
- Lack of Pool Fences and/or Gates.
Pool injuries are also common in public and private swimming pools. Many of these injuries are caused by faulty pool equipment, distracted adults/lifeguards, and slippery surfaces.
Some common pool injuries are:
- Diving board injuries-possible concussions and spinal injuries when diving in shallow pools
- Pool Chemical Irritation causing skin rashes
- Sip and falls-broken bones, lacerations and bruising from slippery surfaces around the pool.
- Drain injuries.
When there is a pool injury, people must file insurance claims. These claims can often be confusing with so many issues to take into account. The Law Office of Moran Kelley is here to help you deal with the insurance companies, so you can focus on taking care of yourself and your loved ones.